Saturday, August 13, 2011

Republic of Steak


This makan is where i wanted to try long ago when my best friend told me the lava was awesome and the food was not bad! She told me long ago and here i am, finally get to try.
YOU KNOW WHAT??
One word: Disappointing.
Let's start with a starter.

Wild Mushroom soup - $3
Quite nice esp the mushrooms.

Next, i had my.....
Seafood pasta - $10.80
U have the choice of choosing aglio style or tomato sauce.
This pasta has many negative.
1. The spaghetti is quite "hard" for me to chew. Not chewy enough.
2. The prawn dun give me the feeling of what I want. It's like.... like.... not fresh. And did not sparkling in my mouth.

3. Damn damn oily. The next day ah, you will see 6 pimples on my lip lor..
Sux! Overall, i dun enjoy my meal.
And oh btw, the mushroom soup cum a drink cost you $3.50 if you order a main meal.

My 2 friends tried......

Angus Steak (200gram) - $20.90
I don't really like steak. LOL.... Cos have to keep chewing chewing chewing leh... 1 small portion of steak can make me chew for 26 mins seh!! Of course, the jaw of mine will be damn tiring lor.. Really have no idea why some people love steak so much. -____-
Anyway, they mentioned tat it's wasn't bad BUT Aston's steak is much much better than Republic of Steak.

Lastly, we had our dessert and you tell me what is this (pic below)?? 

Does it look like LAVA to you? If no, then your answer is wrong. IT IS LAVA! 
Chocolate Lava Cake - $6.90
wtf man! I tot it was a wrong order but the waitress said it is. She knew it's something wrong and still dared to say it's look like shit.  -_- Please, presentation is also important. It will give customers a good impression of your shop and your cook.
In case you dun know wat is lava, i show you:

I dun think i will visit there again lor...
Tat is why, overall is disappointing.

Price: Quite ex (since the food not nice lor).
Service: Lousy! The food came quite long but 1 of the cowboy/cowgirl (waiter/waitress), is friendly and cheerful, keep smiling smiling smiling. Wondering her cheeks tired? =p
Seeing her smile and her friendliness makes us happy but our stomach may be not happy!

Address:

89 Victoria Street
#01-01 Victoria Hotel

Opening hours:Daily from 11.30am – 10pm
Tel: +65 6720 810
13.08.2011

No comments:

Post a Comment